Security+ Practice Test Question
Here’s a Security+ Practice Test Question I posted this week on my Get Certified Get Ahead Facebook page.
Q. What is the difference between a worm and a virus?
A. A worm is self-replicating but a virus isn’t self-replicating.
B. A virus is self-replicating but a worm isn’t self-replicating.
C. A virus runs in response to an event such as a date, but a worm runs on its own schedule.
D. A worm runs in response to an event such as a date, but a virus runs on its own schedule.
Do you know the answer? More, do you know why the correct answer is correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect?
Free Security+ practice test questions like this are posted on the Get Certified Get Ahead Facebook page on Thursdays. Each week, you’ll see a new Security+ practice test question along with the answer to the previous week’s Security+ practice test question.
A+ practice test questions are posted on Tuesdays.
Network+ practice test questions are posted on Wednesdays.
Are You Ready for the Security+ Exam?
People commonly use practice test questions when preparing for any certification, and as a final step to ensure they are ready. Practice test questions are great to help you take your understanding to a deeper level and to test your ability to pass the exam the first time you take it.
Be careful though. Some people try to memorize questions and answers but this isn’t helpful. CompTIA can slightly modify the answer making the original answer incorrect. If you’ve only memorized the question and answer you won’t be able to answer the modified question correctly.
Ideally, you should be able look at any practice test question and know definitively why the correct answers are correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. This way, you can answer the live questions correctly no matter how CompTIA words them.
Security+ Practice Test Question Resources
If you’re pursuing the Security+ certification, check out these additional resources:
- CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401 Study Guide. This book provides full coverage of the CompTIA Security+ objectives and includes over 440 realistic practice test questions with in-depth explanations. Available as a paperback and in a $9.99 Kindle version.
- CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead- SY0-401 Practice Test Questions. If you only want to test your comprehension with practice test questions, this book has what you need. It includes 275 realistic practice test questions with in-depth explanations Available as a paperback and in a $9.99 Kindle version.
- Practice test questions for your mobile devices. The Security+ app includes the practice test questions and flash cards you can use to test your comprehension. You can also access these from Apple’s App store by searching on LearnZapp or on Google Play.
- Security+ blog links. A listing of over 50 blogs related to the Security+ exam organized by categories.
- Security+ performance based questions. These are new but don’t let them surprise you. This blog gives you details on these types of questions to help you prepare for them. Several other blogs on performance based questions are linked from the Security+ blog links page.
- Audio of key information from the CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401 Study Guide. Learn by listening.
Security+ Practice Test Question Summary
Check out the Get Certified Get Ahead Facebook page for free practice test questions on A+, Network+, and Security+ exams. Each week you’ll see a new practice test question. You’ll also see the question from the previous week repeated with the answer and an explanation.