People regularly query me for Security+ advice, and advice on different technical topics and certifications. Here’s a query asking about why someone would take the SY0-301 exam when the SYo-401 exam is available.
Many classes that teach 301 materials frequently have a 100 percent pass rate. In contrast, I recently read where someone attended a class teaching 401 materials and only 2 of 30 people passed.
From another perspective. Why is someone taking the exam? To become Security+ certified. And hiring managers don’t care if you have the cert from 301 or 401. They only care if you have the cert.
I do understand that some people want bragging rights and being one of the first people that passed the 401 exam gives them bragging rights. However, many people don’t care about bragging rights but instead simply want to learn the relevant material, pass the exam, and move on to the next adventure.
Additionally, while you’ll probably come across many job postings requiring the Security+ certification, it is extremely rare to see one of these postings require a specific version of the exam.
|Security+ SY0-401 Online Resources
Other Security+ Study Resources
- Security+ blogs organized by categories
- Security+ blogs with free practice test questions
- Security+ blogs on new performance-based questions
- Mobile Apps: Apps for mobile devices running iOS or Android
- Audio Files: Learn by listening with over 6 hours of audio on Security+ topics
- Flashcards: 494 Security+ glossary flashcards, 222 Security+ acronyms flashcards and 223 Remember This slides
- Quality Practice Test Questions: Over 300 quality Security+ practice test questions with full explanations
- Full Security+ Study Packages: Quality practice test questions, audio, and Flashcards