People regularly query me for CASP advice, and advice on other technical topics and certifications. Here’s one query asking about what to take after the Security+ certification. It’s a common theme and this person is asking about the CASP certification.
I would like to take CASP because I can build from the my Security + certification and is it lot cheaper and potentially can give more marketability in the market. Do you have any suggestions or advice, please? Thank you for your time.
From a marketability perspective, I see CISSP as much stronger than CASP. If you see something different in your area, than perhaps CASP is more marketable, but that’s not what I’m seeing.
This is true for both security jobs and teaching jobs (I see you’re an adjunct instructor).
Another option is to pursue the SSCP. Many people use it as a stepping stone on their path to get the CISSP. If you’ve recently passed the Security+ certification, you’re probably closer to it than you are to getting the CASP.
Hope this helps.
Want to know more? Here’s a blog about the Best Security Certification Path.
Other Security+ Study Resources
- Security+ blogs organized by categories
- Security+ blogs with free practice test questions
- Security+ blogs on new performance-based questions
- Mobile Apps: Apps for mobile devices running iOS or Android
- Audio Files: Learn by listening with over 6 hours of audio on Security+ topics
- Flashcards: 494 Security+ glossary flashcards, 222 Security+ acronyms flashcards and 223 Remember This slides
- Quality Practice Test Questions: Over 300 quality Security+ practice test questions with full explanations
- Full Security+ Study Packages: Quality practice test questions, audio, and Flashcards