About Get Certified Get Ahead
The primary goal of the Get Certified Get Ahead brand is to help people earn certifications so that they can get ahead in their careers and lives.
My name is Darril Gibson.
Years ago, I set a goal for myself. I decided I wanted to become a full time author and write books that help others.
Since then, I have authored or coauthored more than 40 books and I am very grateful for the emails I regularly receive from readers sharing their successes after reading one of my books.
I created this site as a reference for people that want to get certified and get ahead in their career.
It started from my original CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead study guide for exam SY0-201 and has grown from there.
If you’re using any of the books that I’ve written or helped others write, I would love to hear from you. I especially enjoy hearing from people that have successfully passed a certification exam after using one of my books. You can send me a message from here.
Darril Gibson Roles
Darril Gibson Certifications
I hold several certifications listed below.
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
You can view my CompTIA transcript here.
The (ISC)2 certifications can be validated here for Darril Gibson (certification number 348210)
- ITIL Foundations v 3.0
To view my full Microsoft transcript look here with the following codes:Transcript ID 660310 Access Code: DarrilGibson
- MCT since 1999
Network and Operating System certifications
- MCITP (Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Administrator, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician)
- MCITP (Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator, Server Administrator)
- MCITP (Windows Vista Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician)
- MCTS (Windows 7, Configuration)
- MCTS (Windows Vista, Configuration)
- MCTS (Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration, Applications Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure)
- MCSE (Security, Windows Server NT 4.0, 2000, 2003)
- MCSA (Security, Messaging, Windows Server 2000, 2003)
- MCSA Messaging (Windows Server 2000, 2003)
- MCTS Active Directory (Windows Server 2008)
- MCTS Network Infrastructure (Windows Server 2008)
- MCTS Applications Infrastructure (Window Server 2008)
- MCDST (Windows XP)
- MCDBA (SQL Server 2000)
- MCTS (SQL Server 2005)
- MCTS (SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance)
- MCITP (Database Administrator)
- MCITP (Database Developer)
- MCSD (Visual Studio 6.0, Microsoft .NET)